Vegetarian Tostada Bowl
- 8 Tostada Bowls
- olive oil spray
- 1 14- oz 400g can refried beans
- 2 1/2 cups iceberg lettuce shredded
- 1 large avocado or 2 medium mashed
- 1/4 cup goat's feta cheese crumbled (leave out to make vegan and dairy free)
- 4 large tomatoes chopped into small cubes
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp red onion thinly chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper seed removed and thinly chopped (optional)
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Generously spray Olive Oil over corn tostada bowls on both sides. Remove from over after they are golden and crispy.
- While tortillas are baking, reheat refried beans combined with 1/4 cup water in a small pan, on low heat. Let cool slightly.
- Prepare tomato salsa. In a medium bowl, combine chopped tomatoes, lime juice, onion, jalapeño pepper and cilantro. Season with salt to taste.
- Prepare remaining ingredients: chop salad, mash avocado and crumble feta cheese.
- Assemble tostadas. Spread 1/4 cup refried beans on each tostada (be careful not to break the shell!), top with 1/3 cup lettuce, 1/4 cup Tomato salsa, 1 tbsp avocado and sprinkle with 1/2 tbsp feta. Repeat with remaining shells and serve immediately. You can also serve the prepared shells and toppings and let people make their own tostadas.