Thai Pumpkin Soup
Serves: 3 - 4
- Slog of olive oil
- 1 x onion
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried coriander
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1x butternut pumpkin
- 2x carrots (optional – can also add other vegetables as desired such as potato, kumara, parsnip, cauliflower)
- Boiling water and 1-2 cups of vegetable stock to cover vegetables
- 1x can coconut milk
- 2 x Tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop pumpkin into 3-4 cm cubes. There is no need to remove the skin. Set aside.
- Fry off the onion with the olive oil in a large pot until soft.
- Add in the spices until fragrant. Add pumpkin and other vegetables if using. Add boiling water and stock until just covering the vegetables and simmer until vegetables are at desired consistency to blend, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Use a stick blender or food processor to blend until smooth.
- Add coconut milk and peanut butter and blend until incorporated. Garnish with coriander and add extra seasoning as desired.
Serve immediately with some Greek yoghurt, or let cool to portion off for later.