Potato Cutlet (Tikki)
Cuisine: North Indian
Serves: 8 Cutlets
- Potatoes -3 medium size
- Cornflour (white) -1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 3/4 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Amchur powder - 1/2 tsp
- Green chilli -1-2
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves -finely chopped -2-3 tbsp
- Salt needed
- Bread crumbs as needed
- Oil for shallow frying
- Wash and pressure cook potatoes without cutting it for 3 whistles. Alternatively, you can also cook in a pan until soft. Peel the skin and mash it well without lumps.
Roasted cumin powder - Dry roast Cumin Seeds and powder it finely. This will give you more flavor than ready made ones as it is freshly prepared. You can use ready made cumin seed powder also.
- Finely chop green chilli and coriander leaves. (coriander leaves should not be wet).
- In a bowl mix together mashed potatoes, cornflour, green chilli, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, amchur powder, roasted cumin powder and salt.You can adjust the spice powder as per your personal preferences by tasting the mixture.
- The mixture should not contain any potato lumps. Divide the mixture equally and make small patties/discs.
- Coat the patties with breadcrumbs.
- Heat a tawa and shallow fry both sides of the patties/discs by drizzling oil around the patties. Cook until both sides turn golden brown. You can shallow fry 4-5 patties at a time.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato sauce.