Zucchini Bread with Orange Cream Cheese
Cuisine: All American
- 3 cups shredded zucchini (2 to 3 medium)
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose or whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup coarsely chopped nuts
- ½ cup raisins, if desired
Ingredients for Orange Cream Cheese Spread:
4 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup Orange juice
- Grated orange zest
Drops of Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar (if you like it sweet)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms only of 2 (8x4-inch) loaf pans or 1 (9x5-inch) loaf pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir zucchini, sugar, oil, vanilla until well mixed. Stir in remaining ingredients except nuts and raisins. Stir in nuts and raisins. Divide batter evenly between 8-inch pans or pour into 9-inch pan.
- Bake 8-inch loaves 50 to 60 minutes, 9-inch loaf 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on cooling rack 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans and place top side up on cooling rack. Cool completely, about 2 hours, before slicing.
- Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
- Mix all the ingredients for the Cream Cheese Spread in a blender and blend well.
Serve warm Zucchini Bread with Orange Cream Cheese. Viola!