Vegan Burger with Tomatoes
Cuisine: All American
Ingredients for Burger:
- 3 Large Beaf Steak Tomotoes (Sliced into thick rounds)
- 6 Burger Buns
- 1 Head Lettuce
Ingredients for Condiments: (prepare a mixture)
- Mustard (Organic)
- Ketchup (Organic)
- Fresh ground Pepper
- Drops of Oil & Vinegar
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for Patties:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (white or yellow, diced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 3 green onions (diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 can pinto beans
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- First, sautee the diced white or yellow onion and garlic in vegetable oil or vegetable oil for 3 to 5 minutes, until the onions are soft.
- Next, add the green onions, cumin, and cook for 5 minutes, You can add a bit more oil if needed. Set the onion mixture aside.
- Next, use a fork or potato masher to mash the beans until well mashed. You can also pulse them in a food processor until smooth if you prefer.
- In a large bowl, combine the mashed beans with the onion and add the parsley, salt, and pepper. Make sure the ingredients are well combined.
- Shape the mixture into patties about one inch thick. If you make them too thin, they may fall apart, but if you make them too thick, it will be more difficult to get them to cook them all the way through.
- Heat about two tablespoons of oil and cook each patty until the veggie burgers are done, about 3 minutes on each side. You can also use an indoor grill pan to grill your veggie burgers if you have one.
- Warm burger buns on a pan or a grill for 30secs to a minute. Assemble burgers by lining up Tomatoes, lettuce, and Pattie. Drizzle the condiment mixture between the burger buns. Repeat with additional burgers.
- Serve warm with Potato chips (or Sweet Potato fries) and Blueberry Smoothie on the side.