Chinese Mango Pudding
- 3 middle size mature mangoes(fresh mango cubes 1 pound)
- 2 packet unflavored gelatin sheets or (10g ), see note 1 if you want to use gelatin powder. Vegetarians use 'Agar Agar' as a replacement to gelatin.
- 160ml milk or coconut milk
- 60ml heavy cream, chilled
- ½ cup granulated sugar or more if needed
- Soak gelatin sheets in cold water until soft. In a small pot, heat half of the milk, sugar and soaked gelatin over slow fire.
- Keep stirring and heat until sugar and gelatin dissolve completely. Remove from heat and set aside to cool down.
- Cut fresh mango in half and then dice the fresh mangoes out.
- Place most of the mango cubes in blender and then add the left half milk or coconut milk; blend until very smooth. Mix mango smooth with milk prepared in step 1, add heavy cream too. Stir until evenly combined.
- And strain the mixture. You may need to use a spatula to help the mixture go through the strainer. Pour the mixture to your container or ramekins.
- Move to refrigerator for around 2 to 3 hours until completely set.
- Before eating, decorate with left mango cubes and mint leaves. Enjoy!