Cuisine: Indo Chinese
Cauliflower - 1 medium (cut into large florets)
Onion - 1 medium (finely chopped)
Garlic - 4 cloves (finely Chopped)
Spring onion - 3 (finely chopped - white and green parts separated)
Lemon - 1/2
Soya sauce - 1 Tbsp
Tomato Ketchup - 2 Tbsp
Asian Hot Chilli Sauce - 3 Tbsp
Red Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp
Corn Flour - 2 Tbsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Sesame Oil - 1 1/2 Tbsp
Canola Oil - For frying
Ingredients for the Batter:
All purpose flour - 3/4 Cup
Corn flour - 1/4 Cup
Rice flour - 1 Tbsp
Freshly ground pepper powder - 1 tsp
Ginger Garlic paste - 2 Tbsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp (adjust per taste)
- Take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients under "For batter". Add about 3/4 Cup of water to make a batter. Adjust the water quantity accordingly. Batter should not be too thick are thin. Refer the pic for consistency.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet and pour Oil. Once the oil is heated, dip the cauliflower florets into batter, make sure the batter coats the cauliflower and drop it into the hot oil. Fry in medium-high flame until the color changes to light golden brown. Remove from oil and place them on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Take a small mixing bowl, add the 2 Tbsp corn flour and 3 Tbsp water and make a corn flour paste. Keep it aside. Heat a separate pan with 1 1/2 Tbsp of oil; add onion, garlic, white part of spring onion and saute them in high flame, until the onion turns translucent.
- Now turn the flame to medium, add the Soy sauce, tomato ketchup, chilli sauce and give a nice stir. Add the prepared corn flour paste and let it cook. The sauce will start to thicken.
- Add Salt and Red chili flakes and stir well. Now add about 1/2 cup of water and stir it to get a thick sauce consistency.
- Now, add the juice of half a lemon and mix well. Finally, add the fried cauliflower to the sauce and saute in high flame for about 3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame, garnish with the green part of the spring onion. Serve hot as a delicious appetizer.
Note: Add Chili and Salt based on what you can handle.