Kale Garbanzo and Olive Salad
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- dash cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 packed cup kale, thinly sliced
- One 15 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped Olives
- 1 to 2 tablespoons red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced (Optional)
- Feta Cheese or Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
- Place the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, turmeric and cayenne pepper in a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Add sliced kale to the salad dressing and massage the dressing into Kale
- Add garbanzo beans, Olives, red onion and red bell pepper and mix well.
- Sprinkle Feta Cheese or Ricotta Cheese and Walnuts and stir with wooden spoons to blend it well.
- Serve fresh. This salad stores well for picnics or travels.
Note: This delicious salad packs high nutrition with very little preparation.