Vegetarian Pad Thai
- 4 tbsp Soy sauce
- 4 tbsp Tamarind paste
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Chilli paste
- 1 tbsp Smooth peanut butter
- 1 lime, juiced, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1 tbsp Vegetable or coconut oil
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3 1/2oz Cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 pack Broccoli tips, halved
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 13oz pack beansprouts, blanched
- 1 1/2lb rice noodles
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- handful coriander, leaves picked
- 3 tbsp salted peanuts, chopped
- In a small pan, gently heat the soy sauce, tamarind paste, ketchup, chilli paste, peanut butter and lime juice.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok. Add the shallot, cauliflower, broccoli, carrot, then stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, until just tender.
- Add the beansprouts and noodles. Stir-fry for 2 minutes more, then push everything to one side of the pan.