Thai Sweet Potato Balls
- 2 cups of cooked sweet potato (baked or boiled) at room temperature
- 1 cup of tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3-5 cups of vegetable oil
- Combine and sift the tapioca starch, all-purpose flour, salt and baking powder.
- Mash the cooked potato, and then add the mashed potato and sugar to a stand mixer. Combine the ingredients in low speed for a couple minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients to mix with the mixture in the stand mixer in low speed until well-combined.
- Remove the dough from the mixer, then roll the dough into small balls size and put them on a tray.
- Add the oil to a medium saucepan over high heat. The oil should be 375 F degree. Put the balls to fry in the oil for a few minutes until golden.
- Remove from the saucepan and drain on a paper towel. Enjoy your delicious snacks.