Orange and Pineapple Cake
Serves : 20
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, if desired
- 1 can (11 oz) mandarin orange segments, drained (reserve 1/3 cup liquid)
- 1 can (20 oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel, if desired
- 1 cup Cool Whip™ frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Use egg-replacer equal to 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease or lightly spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, oil, walnuts, orange segments, reserved 1/3 cup orange liquid, and egg replacer with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- To make pineapple frosting, stir together pineapple, dry pudding mix and orange peel. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread on cake. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.