Opo Squash - Thai Curry Style
Ingredients for Vegetable Preparation:
- 1 tablespoons Avacado oil
- 2 small or 1 medium opo squash (Peeled and Diced)
- 2 bell peppers - Orange and Red for contrast
- 2 teaspoons Ginger Paste
Ingredients for Thai Curry Sauce:
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons Vegan/Vegetarian Thai green curry paste
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- Juice of 1/4 Lemon (Medium-size)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (see notes)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger paste
- fresh cilantro and/or basil to garnish
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over high heat, add coconut or vegetable oil.
- When oil is hot, add ginger and sautee it for a few secs.
- Now add opo squash. Stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes, then add colorful peppers, Stir-fry and let it sit for good 4-5 minutes.
- Add Thai curry sauce ingredients, stir, and cover. Simmer just until vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and/or basil.
Serve with hot Rice, Tortillas, Breads, even with Pastas as a side accompaniment. Opo Squash is a delicious, low-calorie, high water-content, healthy vegetable filled with nutrition. Just do NOT eat it raw.