Opo Squash Fritters
Serves: 10 Fritters
- 2 small or 1 medium opo squash (Peeled and finely grated)
- 1 Medium-sized finely chopped onion (Optional)
- 1 Cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 Cup Organic All purpose flour (or Besan - Bengal Gram Flour)
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chilli Powder (based on spicy flavor you desire)
- 2 Tablespoon of Avacado Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 bunch of freshly chopped cilantro or Parsley
- Water (as needed to form batter)
- Grate Opo squash into a mixing bowl.
- Add the Cheese, Onion, Cumin powder, Red Chili Powder, Salt, and chopped Cilantro. Mix together and then add flour until it is almost a dry mix.
- Heat oil in skillet and drop spoon size amounts of mixture into hot grease and take spoon and flatten them to make into shape of pancake.
- Fry until golden brown and put in paper towels to absorb any excess Oil. Note: Instead of deep frying, which could be high in Calories and consumption of excess oils, Pan frying these fritters are just as good in taste.
- Garnish with Onions and Lemon Wedges.
Perfect for cold winters! Serve hot with Tomato Ketch up on the side. Great accompaniment for Soups or Salads on a cold winter day.