Vegan Opo Squash and Red Pepper Soup
Ingredients for Vegetable Preparation:
- 2 small or 1 medium opo squash (Peeled and Diced)
- 2 bell peppers - Orange and Red for contrast - diced into large pieces
- 1 Medium sized Potato as thickener - diced into large cubes
- 1 Tablespoon of Avacado Oil
- 2 Teaspoons Ginger Paste
- 1/4 Teaspoon of Turmeric
- Juice of 1/4 Lemon (Medium-size - Add more if you like a bit more sourness)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh ground Black Pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro and/or basil to garnish
- Enough water of medium-thick consistency (or coconut milk if you prefer)
- Heat a wok or large saute pan over high heat, add Avacado Oil.
- When oil is hot, add ginger and sautee it for a few secs.
- Now add Potato first and sautee for 1-2 mins, then opo squash. Sautee for 1 to 2 minutes, then add colorful peppers, Stir-fry and let it sit for good 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and Turmeric for good color and nutrition
- Cool the mixture and blend in a blender to make a puree and add water gradually (or coconut milk for creamy texture)
- Now pour the liquid mixture back into the pan. Simmer in a low heat flame for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Squeeze lemon juice into the soup and add fresh ground black pepper and continue stirring for another minute.
- Pour the soup in dinner bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro and/or basil.
Viola, yummy hot Opo Squash soup is ready to be served! Serve hot with Toast or as a side accompaniment for a light healthy dinner. You can add Avocado in the soup to give it an extra notch. This soup will taste delicious either way.