Mexican Eggplant Recipe
- 1 dried Mulato Chili
- 3 tablespoons of hot water
- 1 eggplant - peeled and cut into 2 cm cubes
- 3 garlic cloves- chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- half of 1 lime
- large handful of fresh coriander leaves
- few tablespoons of natural yogurt
- Set the oven to heat to 170 degrees
- Soak the mulato chili first and let it sit for about 10 minutes
- Once it has soaked remove it from the water and chop it into small pieces. Keep the water to add as per the instructions below.
- Place the eggplant pieces into a baking tray
- Mix the other ingredients in a separate bowl (except those listed under the heading To Serve) and add the water from the soaked chili
- Pour the mixed ingredients over the eggplant and give it a stir to ensure that the pieces are coated.
- Place the eggplant into the oven and bake for 25 minutes - stir the eggplant once during the cooking time
- To serve squeeze ½ lime over the eggplant and serve with a dollop of plain natural yogurt and fresh coriander leaves.
Serve warm with Rice or Tortilla.