Green Papaya and Bean Salad
- 4 Red Thai Chili Peppers
- 2 Small Tomato cut into quarters
- 2 Chinese Long Green Beans cut into 1 inch pieces
- 20 grams Green Papaya, peeled and shredded
- 4 grams Carrot, peeled and shredded
- 3 Tablespoons Roasted Peanuts
- 1/4 Lime
- 1 Tablespoon Mushroom Powder or Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Tamarind Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Palm Sugar
- Crush fresh chili in the mortar until well combined and in tiny pieces.
- Add beans and peanuts and pound with the pestle until beans are bruised and peanuts are crushed (you could use sauteed Beans)
- Add tomato, green papaya and carrot. Lightly pound ingredients three times, mix and repeat five times.
- Squeeze lime and add to the mixture, add mushroom powder or soy sauce, tamarind sauce and palm sugar and mix.
- Taste for seasoning and add more if necessary.
- This Salad doesn't store too well, so enjoy immediately fresh.