Layered Mango Ice-cream cake
Cuisine: North Indian
Serves : 4-5
- 1 Cup All purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Castor Sugar (or 200 gm of fat free condensed milk)
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp Plain Yogurt (curd)
- pinch of salt
- Mango Ice cream
- Take all purpose flour in a seive, add baking powder to it and a pinch of salt and transfer to a bowl.
- In another bowl take castor sugar, add butter to it. Butter should be at room temperature. You can even use fat free condensed milk instead of sugar.
- Whisk them well until smooth.
- Add all purpose flour to the whisked mixture prepared in step 3. Mix well.
- Add half cup of milk to the bowl and whisk again.
- Add vanilla essence to the whisked mixture.
- Add half cup of milk to it and whisk again.
- Put yogurt and whisk some more.
- Pour the prepared cake batter in a mold and bake at 180 degree celsius (350 Degrees Fareinheit) for 20 minutes.
- Once ready and completely cool, cut the cake in half making 2 layers.
- Now take mango ice cream and bring it to room temperature. Whisk ice cream to make it smooth.
- Fill the ice cream in two layers and freeze it until firm.
- Serve cold.