Carrot Oat Meal Pilaf
Cuisine: All Cuisine
Note: (Many cultures make Pilaf in form of Pulav, Pulao, Palaw, Plov, Pilau, Plov, Pelau, Polo, Pilaf etc. )
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (you can add more if you like)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 Tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 Cups water
- 11/2 Cup steel-cut oats (we are using Oats instead of Rice for a healthier version. You can substitute with Rice and make Rice Pilaf using this recipe)
- 4 Carrots (chopped into small cubes)
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas or fresh peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder
- Dried Red Chilli Flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Basil Leaves for Garnish
- Heat oil in a large-sized skillet or saucepan over medium heat and add carrots, Peas, onion or leek, Red Chilli flakes, Ginger Paste, Cumin powder, and salt to taste. Cook, stirring, until the vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Now, add Oat Meal. Cook, stirring, until the grains of Oat Meal are slightly coated with Oil.
- Add the hot water or vegetable stock and salt to taste and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer 7-10 minutes, until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Add, lemon zest.
- Finally, add finely chopped parsley and gently fluff the Oat Meal, then pile the pilaf onto a platter or into a wide bowl.
- Garnish with Basil and a slice of Lemon