Arugula Artichoke Pasta
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 pre-made whole wheat pizza dough
- Cornmeal, for sprinkling
- 11/2 cup Quick Tomato Sauce
- Artichoke hearts, drained, patted dry and halved
- ¼ cup pitted oil cured black olives, sliced
- 1 8-ounce ball of fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 Red Onion
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Cup Organic Tomato Sauce (Home Made or Store bought)
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Put 2 baking trays into the oven, or pizza stone if you have one. Prepare the tomato sauce
- Sprinkle cornmeal onto a large sheet of parchment paper. Roll out the dough onto the parchment paper; press out dough into a 12 by 8-inch rectangle or to fit your pizza stone, split into two balls, if necessary.
- Spread Tomato Pasta Sauce evenly onto the dough. Top the dough with artichokes, olives, and Red Onions. Evenly top with cheese.
- Slip the pizza onto the heated baking trays or pizza stone. Bake in the oven on the lowest rack for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbling.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl toss together arugula, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside. Slip the pizza onto a cutting board. Top with arugula and cut into slices. Serve warm with bread sticks.