Who wouldn't like to munch on yummy Sweet Potato Fries on a lazy holiday afternoon while watching your favorite show?
Let's get right into the recipe and get started. It is so easy to make and really delicious, this recipe is a keeper. You can choose to fry if you are short on time, but to keep calories low, we are going to show you the baking method instead.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika or red chili powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oven to 400.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into thin rounds and toss them with the oil.
- Mix the spices, salt and pepper in a small bowl, and toss them with the sweet potatoes. Spread them out on baking sheets. We use parchment paper to make sure they don't stick to the baking sheet.
- Bake until brown and crisp on the bottom, about 15 minutes, then flip and cook until the other side is crisp, about 10 minutes. Serve hot with sour cream dip.
Sour Cream Dip:
- Mix 1 cup of Sour Cream with finely chopped chives, oregano, salt, and drops of lemon juice. There you have it!
- Freshly prepared Sour Cream dip is a great accompaniment for the warm Sweet Potato Fries.