Serves: 2 loaves
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups flour, sifted
- 2 cups zucchini (shredded or tossed lightly through blender. Chopped VERY small.)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and grease ONLY the bottoms of two loaf pans.
- Measure yogurt into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and blend until creamy and slightly thick approx 2-3 minutes (I even do this with a whisk as I am without a mixer at this time!).
- Add oil and blend through.
- Add zucchini and vanilla and stir until mixed through.
- Sift flour in a medium bowl and add cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder& soda, and salt to it.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients a little at a time.
- I like to slowly mix it in with my whisk.
- Fold ingredients into each other just until nicely combined.
- Pour'batter' into loaf pans, and put into oven.
- Bake for 1 hour (60 minutes) and check to see if it is done (knife poked through center should come clean when done).
If it is not done, continue to bake for additional time. It could take between an hour and an hour and a half to bake completely.